Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Poison Control

Last week on Wednesday, Bryant gave me quite a scare that morning, and I needed to call poison control. Here is their phone number (800) 222-1222 in case anyone else needs it and the website is http://www.aapcc.org/DNN/.

the story...

Bryant was "walking", in his walker, around the house while I was cleaning. I saw that he had something in his mouth. I thought it was a rock that I have on the coffee table. I don't have a rock on the coffee table it is candles surrounded by decorative rocks . Going back to the story.... he has put these rocks in his mouth before. I went to pull it out, and it wasn't a rock. It was a package that the manufactures put in shoe boxes and purses to keep them dry. I pulled it out, and realized that the package had been open, there were little beads on his walker, in his mouth and on the floor. I was totally freaking out, because those things come with warnings not to ingest it. I called the doctors office, and after answering a ton of questions they had me call poison control. When I called poison control they said not to worry, he could have eaten the whole package and been okay.

0 comments: