Monday, August 22, 2011

overbooked weekend...

Most weekends were are just sitting at home watching HGTV, hoping that someone walks through our condo and wants to do a free makeover!!! This weekend we had so much planned...

This weekend we were just going to go to Court & Randy block party, but a few days before Phil got a text from Edgar to join them in San Diego.  Although I did want to see our friends, being 35 weeks pregnant I was not excited for a two hour drive down, walking around at Sea World in the heat, and then driving back up and then attend the block party.  Bryant had been bugging me to go to Sea World, darn those TV commercials during the news.  How could I look at those brown eyes and tell him no. 

So we decided to drive down Friday evening and spend the night so at least we were not driving for 4 hours in one day.  Friday was my mom's birthday and we were not planning to take her out for dinner (we were going to take her out on Sunday for brunch), but when we forgot about Tri, and decided to drop him off at my parents.  Bryant/my parents wanted to have dinner, how could Phil and I say no.  (this is starting to become a trend...not being able to say no).  However, this meant that we didn't leave until 10pm, and arrived in San Diego at 11:30pm. 

We did have a great time at Sea World, and I am glad we went down there!!  Also happy that Diana was able to make it out even though we was helping her sister move.







We also had a great time at the block party...and didn't want to leave.  I can't believe we stayed so late, but the kiddos were having as much as fun as.  Phil and I also felt bad, because we had told Court and Randy that we were going to help them set up, and ended up being late from our drive from SD that we didn't even arrive on time but an hour late.  We decided it was only fair to help clean up.  While the guys were putting away the chairs, tables etc. the kiddos all sat down in line ...too cute not to grab my camera.  However, by the time I got my camera out they were starting to walk away, I quickly started to snap away even though I didn't get a chance to set the settings.  The photos came out blurry but it was too cute not to post.

Then on Sunday morning it was my day to help with the Children's Liturgy.  I originally was not planning on helping out since I had "traded" with one of the other ladies my day.  But I realized when she sent out an email, not only she was scheduled the same day as me so not only were we not able to trade, but also she wasn't going to be able to make it herself and was looking for someone to trade with her.  It was fine because I actually had a great time with Karen who stepped in to help me.

Then after mass & doughnuts, we went out to celebrate my mom's birthday at Spaghettini's for Brunch.  They sat us in the dinning area, and not were the live music was planning.  I am guessing it was because we had Bryant with us =)  We could still hear the live music, and the food was delicious so there was no complaints!!!  Highly recommend to take the parental for a nice brunch on Sunday. I will have to post a photo of Bryant eating my mom's cake, I can't believe I forgot my camera.

It was a great weekend, and I could not complain that I was bored =) 

2 comments: